I moved here from Northern Virginia in 1990. There are a few things here that will take some getting used to, especially from a Northerner:
1. Fast food is not so fast here.
2. The left lane on the highway is for cruising here, not passing. No, flashing your lights and honking doesn't seem to work so folks often pass on the right.
3. Turn signals are for hanging scented pine tree items here - they aren't used.
4. Drivers come to almost complete stops before turning onto side roads - I think they're balancing a mint julep drink on their knee.
5. There are no 1 syllable words here. Hey, becomes hey-aaay, etc.
Monday, February 12, 2007
More on The Good Ole' State of NC
A business acquaintance just sent this to me...